Parks & Recreation
Updates and Cancellations
CLICK HERE to Access the Storymap for the Former Maine Gravel Services & Captain William Fitzgerald Recreation & Conservation Area
Want to stay up-to-date on Winter outdoor conditions for skating and skiing? Visit https://www.brunswickme.org/463/Winter-Activities
Court 2 Closed Tuesday and Thursday 4-6pm for Fundamental Grade K Basketball from 2/6 to 2/29
Only 3/4 Track available Sundays from 2-6pm beginning January 14th
Adult Dodgeball begins Tuesday, February 6th-- No adult basketball Tuesday evenings during Dodgeball Season.
We’re moving to a new online registration platform, CivicRec! CivicRec is an incredibly user-friendly system that will allow folks to easily view and register for our programming, request use of Brunswick’s beautiful parks and athletic fields, and much more! The official launch of CivicRec is set for January 2nd, 2024 with many of our late winter programs becoming available for registration.
Welcome to the Brunswick Parks and Recreation Department. We maintain and manage 42 parks, facilities and public spaces in our community, and administer approximately 100 recreation programs and events annually.
We seek to provide high quality facilities and program opportunities for leisure time activities for all Brunswick residents. We are committed to delivering excellence in the programs and services offered by the department, and encourage you to explore this site to learn more about the many opportunities we make possible.
A Recognized Leader
The Department is proud to have been recognized as a Sports Illustrated Good Sports Community as well as a Magnet Center for Quality Sports by the National Recreation and Park Association.
In addition, our Androscoggin River Bicycle Path has been awarded the East Coast Greenway Alliance Trail of Merit Award, and Brunswick has been recognized by the American League of Bicyclists as Maine’s first Bicycle-Friendly Community, as featured in the July 2010 AARP Bulletin.
We accept most major credit/debit cards at our 220 Neptune Drive location for program registrations during normal business hours.
- Aquatic Feasibility Study - Community Survey Findings (PDF)
- Aquatic Feasibility Study - Final Report (PDF)
- Directions to Recreation Center (PDF)
- GatherGuard - Event Insurance Purchasing (Formerly known as TULIP)
- Map of Outdoor Recreation and Open Spaces (PDF)
- Parks and Recreation A to Z (PDF)
- Welcome Center Facility Request Packet
Brunswick Recreation Center Hours
- Which parks have playgrounds?
- Which parks have trails?
- Where are there groomed cross-country ski trails where I can ski locally?
- How can I learn about job or volunteer opportunities with the Parks and Recreation Department?
- How do I find information about upcoming recreation programs and activities?
- How do I find out if a recreation program or activity is cancelled or postponed?
- How do I register to participate in a recreation program or activity? Can I register online?
- How do I request use of a recreation facility or park area?
- How do I locate a park or recreation facility in Brunswick?