Mare Brook Watershed Plan
The Department of Planning and Development received a watershed planning grant from the State of Maine in 2019. The official project start was in October 2019 with field work is anticipated to begin in June 2020. If you have any questions about the Mare Brook watershed planning process please call or email the Town Planner:
Jared Woolston, AICP | 725-6660 x4022 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Links will be posted on the Brunswick calendar here.
Upcoming public meetings:
- Oct. 27: All (Public / Town Council) Comments due on draft Watershed Management Plan (WMP)
- Nov. 10: Draft WMP sent to DEP
- Dec. 6 or week of: Evening Meeting: 3rd and Final Public Meeting Presentation of Completed Plan
Please explore the Interactive Mare Brook Watershed Planning Map.
The map will be updated as the planning process moves forward! If you have questions about the map content, please contact the Department of Planning and Development.
Curious to read more? Check out Conservation Commission Chair, Sandy Stott’s latest writings on Mare Brook in the Press Herald and Times Record:
- Your Land: Exploring the reaches of Brunswick’s Mere Brook (July 2021)
- Your Land: A Mere Brook runs through us (February 2021)
- Your Land: To be a (Mere) brook (May 2020)
- Your Land: Slow times at Mere Brook’s mouth (July 2020)
The DRAFT Mare Brook Watershed Management Plan was presented to the public on October 14, 2021.
A recording of this presentation can be found on the Brunswick TV3 webpage here https://www.brunswickme.org/AgendaCenter/Mare-Brook-Advisory-Committee-2.
Members of the public are encouraged to submit comments on the DRAFT to the Town Planner at email@example.com by Wednesday, November 3, 2021.