Next Election - November 7, 2023 - Absentee ballots will be available to 30 days prior to the election and can be requested up to 90 days prior. First day to request is August 9th; ballots will not be mailed until after October 9th.
Hours for Voter Registration/Absentee Voting
Voter registration hours for new registrations, enrollments, and any address or name changes will be Monday through Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Town Clerk’s Office.
Methods to Get Absentee Ballots
- Voter calls the Clerk’s Office to request a ballot at 207-725-6658.
- Voter or immediate family member completes an Absentee Application (PDF) and either:
- Mails to:
85 Union Street
Brunswick, ME 04011
- Faxes to Town Clerk at 207-725-6663
- Delivers to Town Clerk’s Office
- Mails to:
- Voter requests an Absentee Ballot online. This service is provided by the Secretary of State. Online requests are only available for State and Federal Elections. For Municipal Elections, such as School Budget Referendum or Special Elections contact the Clerk’s Office at (207) 725-6658.
- Voter can give written permission for an unrelated 3rd person to obtain the ballot. Please call (207) 725-6658 for more information or email the Town Clerk.
Absentee ballots will be available 30 days before an election, but you may request them up to 90 days before an election if you wish them to be mailed to you upon arrival. Additional information on absentee ballots is available from the State of Maine website.
- Effective February 1, 2024: For 65 or older, or any individual who self identifies as physically or mentally disabled.
- Effective December 31, 2025: For all State of Maine Registered Voters.
Uniformed Service & Overseas (UOCAVA) Voters
If you’re a Brunswick resident living outside of the United States or planning to move before the next election you would need to register with the State of Maine Secretary of State’s Office (SOS) to receive a UOCAVA Absentee Ballot.
To register please go the to Secretary of State’s website.
Methods to Return Absentee Ballots
Mail to Town Clerk's office, OR Drop off in the Ballot Drop Off Box at Town Hall (Available 24 hours a day) OR drop off with the Town Clerk's Office during regular business hours.