- Town Government
- Town Clerk
- Shellfish Licenses
- Commercial Shellfish Licenses
Commercial Shellfish Licenses
The deadline to file a letter of intent for a 2023-24 commercial shellfish harvester license has passed. We anticipate two resident commercial and one nonresident commercial license available for a lottery.
The lottery will take place on Friday, April 28th at 9 a.m. in the Council Chambers and will be televised on Brunswick TV3.
Lottery winners will not be notified. Lottery results will be available through the Clerk’s office; please call for results at (207) 725-6658.
Intents for 2023-24 will be available December 16, 2022
**Conservational Points need to be completed by February 15, 2023 or in lieu of completion payment needs to be received by February 15, 2023.
2023 Commercial Deadlines
- December 16th, Friday (third Friday of December) Intents become available (no sooner than the third Friday in December).
- February 15th, Wednesday Conservation points must be completed or purchased.
- March 10th, Friday (second Friday of March) Last day to file Notice of Intent Application with the Town Clerk. Must be delivered in person with satisfactory ID showing current residence address. If different address from previous year, must submit two forms of ID with same residence address.
- If an applicant misses the deadline, they can file an intent until the 3rd Friday in March, March 17th, 2023, by paying a late fee of $600, or $400 for a bushel license.
- April 5th, Wednesday (first Wednesday of April) Licenses on sale for those eligible to receive one. You must purchase in person unless a notarized statement, listing up to three others who may pick up, has been filed with the Town Clerk.
- License Fee: Resident: $500 Non-Resident: $750 Bushel: $225
- April 20th, Thursday (10th business day after 1st Wednesday in April) Last day to purchase licenses at the Clerk’s Office.
- If an applicant misses the deadline, they can purchase the license until the fifth business day following this date, until Thursday, April 27th, 2023, by paying a late fee of $600.
- April 28th, (last Friday in April) If necessary, a lottery will be held at 9:00AM. For those drawn, licenses will be available April 28th and Monday, May 1st. You will NOT be notified; it is your responsibility to call for the lottery results, (207) 725-6658.
- May 1st, Monday (end of first business day following lottery) Last day to purchase license if drawn in lottery. If license(s) are not picked up by the end of business on Monday, May 1st, the next person(s) on the list will be eligible to pick up the remaining license(s) on Tuesday, May 2nd and Wednesday, May 3rd. This process continues at two-day intervals until all available licenses have been sold.
You will NOT be notified; it is YOUR responsibility to call to see if any licenses were not picked up.
CALL FOR LOTTERY RESULTS! (207) 725-6658
Marine Resource Committee Meetings are the 1st Wednesday of each month.
2023 Conservation Cleanup Dates & Times
|Sunday, June 11th||11-2 p.m. Wharton Point|
|Sunday, July 9th||9-12 p.m. Middle Bay|
|Sunday, August 6th||8-11 a.m. Thomas Point Beach/Bay|
|Sunday, September 24th||11-2 p.m. Sawyer Park|
2023/24 License Allocations
|57 Resident Commercial Licenses|
|6 Non-Resident Commercial Licenses|
|15 Resident Student Licenses|
|2 Non-Resident Student Licenses|
|Unlimited Resident Recreational Licenses|
|10% Non-Resident Recreational Licenses (1 per 10 residents)|
|Unlimited One Day Licenses|
|2 Bushel Licenses|