Merrymeeting Dog Park
- Park Benches
OverviewDescription: The Merrymeeting Dog Park is a 1.5-acre dog park situated next to the Androscoggin River Bicycle Path that provides opportunities for dog owners to allow their dogs off leash for exercise and recreation. The Merrymeeting Dog Park was dedicated in Memory of Jake Horgan
Location: Merrymeeting Dog Park is located along the Bike Path, approximately 900’ from the bollards marking the beginning of the Bike Path at Water Street.
Hours of operation: ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset
• Separate fenced enclosures for large and small dogs; 6’ fence height
• Dog waste disposal stations in each enclosure
• Seasonal water faucets for filling dog watering bowls (bowls not provided)
• 8 park benches
• Parking in the parking lot at the end of Water Street
Primary uses: Park area where dog owners can provide off leash recreation for their dogs
• Dogs must be leashed until entering park.
• Obey Dog Park rules posted at each entrance to park
- Merrymeeting Dog Park was created through a private/public partnership between the Town of Brunswick and B.A.R.K. (Brunswick Area Recreation for Kanines), who raised the funds necessary to construct the park. Thank you to Jim Williams of Mainely Labs for the use of “Lab Dance” art used in our brochures, posters
- Water fountains at the park are typically turned on in mid-May and off in mid-October. Please tote your own water and bowls and thank you for not leaving bowls and containers at the park. They can easily transmit bacteria to other dogs. This also applies to toys and tennis balls. The dog park is located on the Androscoggin River Bicycle and Pedestrian Path near the Water Street entrance.